A Word Concerning Accreditation
Accreditation and Recognition of Credit
Concerning seminary accreditation; the value of any accredited university, accredited Bible College or accredited online seminary degree is subjective, depending on the amount of work that went into earning it, the student's attitude and aptitude, and external circumstances related to the school itself or to the graduate's working world.
You should be aware that many Christian Private Schools, Bible Colleges and Seminaries elect not to be governed by the U.S. Department of Education and do not seek Regional Accreditation, which is more common among Secular Colleges and Universities, Christian Educational Ministries are automatically exempt from the dictates of both the Government and secular accreditation agencies. Shekinah Glory Bible Institute, like other Christian Education Ministries, has full theological accreditation which is recognized and respected as an acceptable form of accreditation for those in pursuit of ministry related vocations.
Shekinah Glory Bible Institute is both a state authorized and theologically accredited institution of higher learning. Most accredited universities, accreditied seminaries, accredited Bible Colleges and accredited colleges have their own criteria for recognition and accceptability of education credits. The individual should always address specific questions to selected institutions in determining their particular criteria concerning accredition.
United States Government Approval
We are recognized by the Government of the United States of America, as a 501 (c)(3) Religious Organization with all rights and privileges as provided by law. We are fully accreditied by the World-Wide Accreditation Commission of Christian Educational Institutions (WWAC) Anyone wishing to contact them for verification may write to:
The WWAC, Dr. Paul Richardson Executive Presdient
2800 Blendwell Rd.
Richmond, VA 23224.
We wish to make it perfectly clear that due to the principle of separation and state MK.12:17; Ja. 4:4; II Cor. 6:14, the WWAC has chosen not to seek endorsement by either, the US Dept. of Education's Eligibility and Agency Evauation Staff (EAES) or The Council on Post Secondary Accreditation (COPA), but is rapidly growing and respected network of over 200 schools on the cutting edge of the Cause of Christ.
ACCREDITATION BEING DEFINED
Accreditation is the act of certifying that an educational institution maintains suitable standards; the granting of approval to an institution of learning by an offical review board after the school has met certain requirements. Specifically, accreditation is the review of a school's course offerings and procedures by a group of its peers to certify that the school is meeting its own stated objectives and offerings its students the education it promises them. What ordination is to a minister; accreditation is to a school. (source: Dr. Paul Richardson, WWAC)
SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
- There is secular education and the is religious education.
- Secular schools seek secular accreditation, and sacred schools receive sacred accreditation - each by their own peers.
- Religious institutions need no secular accreditation.
- Secular accreditation sddocistions in turn are recognized by governmental agencies. They trace their authority back to the capitol of a country, like Washington, D.C.
- Religious accrediting associations are recognized by the Church of Jesus Christ, which has no supreme central office on earth. Our authority is derived directly from Heaven.
- Civil and religious interests are different and have separate realms of jurisdiction.
- The State is not superior to the Church. The Church need not wait for approval from the secular world.
- Civil agencies should not be dictating standards of Christian education, any more than a police officer should be directing the worship of God. Church Related Schools should not be accredited by accrediting associations that are "recognized" by an agency of the federal goverment, because it is contrary to the principle of "Seperation of Church and State," indicated by Christ when He said, ... Render unto Ceaser the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's..."(Markv12:17).
- What business does a Christian educator have going to the world of unbelievers for recognition and acknowledgement when 2 Corinthians 6:14 clearly tells us, "By ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?"
- A Christian educational institution securing accreditation from an association which is attached to a governmental agnecy is a Scripturally condemned and unholy union as James 4:4 says, "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?"
- (source: Dr. Paul Richardson, WWAC)